NMA Exchange Overhauled Engines in the UK and around the world
If you’re looking for aviation exchange engines, contact Nicholson McLaren Aviation Ltd
If the thought of down time is a worrying fact for you then we have a solution. We have a large range of Textron Lycoming and Continental Aerospace Technologies NMA Overhauled Exchange Engines ready for you so in theory you could have your engine removed and the new one installed straight away giving you minimal AOG times.
We have a large inventory of stock ready to ship or built to order with a 2 Week Lead time.
All Exchange Engines are released as TSO 00:00 and with an EASA Part 145 Form 1 and a 2 year 500Hr warranty
All our NMA Overhauled Engines Are Built to the Standard below
All our overhauled engines come with all the mandatory replacement parts as per the latest revision of the manufacturers overhaul manual plus all the NEW or overhauled components listed below as standard.
- Magnetos (NEW slicks, Overhauled Bendix or Overhauled Dual Magneto)
- Ignition harness (NEW)
- Genuine cylinder kits (NEW)
- Tappet bodies (NEW)
- Camshaft assembly (NEW)
- Hydraulic plungers (NEW)
- Starter motor (NEW) on fixed wing
- Alternator (Overhauled) on Rotary Wing
- Ring gear (NEW)
- Carburettor (Overhauled or NEW AVStar)
- Fuel servo (Overhauled)
- Flow divider (Overhauled)
- Nozzles (Overhauled)
- Fuel pump (AC type=NEW) or (rotary type=Overhauled)
- Fuel pump plunger (NEW)
- Connecting rod nuts and bolts (NEW)
- Lycoming Crankshaft gear (NEW)
- Crankshaft bearings (NEW)
- Connecting rod bearings (NEW)
- Counterweights (Overhauled)
- Gasket set (NEW)
- Induction and drain hoses (new)
- Spark plugs (NEW)
The real difference between NMA and Factory Engines explained
Our Current Lycoming Stock Below
- O-235-L2C READY TO BE SHIPPED
- O-320-D3G AWAITING TEST
- O-320-E2D BUILT TO ORDER
- O-360-A4M BUILT TO ORDER
- IO-360-L2A BUILT TO ORDER
- IO-540-C4B5 BUILT TO ORDER
- IO-540-C4B5 BUILT TO ORDER Roller Tappet
Our Current Continental Stock Below
- IO-550-N BUILT TO ORDER
NMA Overhauled Exchange Engines are built by skilled trained engineers in a clinical F1 style build shop, all engineers have access to the latest manuals through online subscriptions. All our Engineers take pride and care in building the engine as if their own family would be flying with the engine. All major tasks are dual inspected by trained inspectors. Quality standards and procedures far exceed minimum approval requirements.
At Nicholson McLaren Aviation, every engine goes through our strict quality control procedures and processes to ensure that only a 100% quality engine is released.
We will continue to inform you if an applicable SB or AD comes out after we have shipped the engine. A 2 year 500Hr warranty on all NMA overhauled Engines.
NMA are UK based and can therefore react quickly to any warranty issue and when practical send an engineer to carry out any required repairs (typically 48Hrs) no time zone difference so can help/advise in real time.