Careers & Job Vacancies
Do you have a question about our job vacancies or do you want to apply? Call us on
Based in Berkshire NME has the facility to design components, build engines, develop existing engines, manufacture and maintain or repair competition race engines from four to twelve cylinders.
Nicholson McLaren Avaition – Job Vacancies
Experienced Aviation Piston Engine Builder
Located south of Reading in Berkshire – Nicholson Mclaren Aviation are a leading UK General Aviation Engine Maintenance facility specialising in engines manufactured by Lycoming or Continental.
Since being established in 2006 the company has seen steady growth, we have professionally equipped facilities that provide our technicians with the capability of carrying out most aspects of an engine rebuild – in house.
Nicholson McLaren are looking for new member to join our team – you must be experienced in working on automotive or aviation piston engines, be a proactive, conscientious, talented individual with a keen eye for detail and happy to work in this safety critical industry.
This job will be suited to a car or aviation mechanic looking for a new role where you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and overhauls on 4 & 6 cylinder air cooled piston engines as briefly described below:
• Engine Types “Boxer Configuration” Flat 4 & 6 cyl.
• Normally Aspirated & Turbo.
• Support Dyno Engine Testing.
• Responsible for ensuring paperwork/documentation is completed within the scope of our MOE and EASA 145 approval.
• You will be required to ensure that your work complies with mandated aviation regulations. •
Full Training will be provided.
This is a full-time position working a 40-hour week.
• Previous piston engine building experience is essential.
• You must be happy working as part of a small team.
• You must have a keen eye for attention to detail.
• You will be willing to carry out ad hoc duties if required.
• You must be conscientious and possess excellent communication skills.
• You must be computer literate and possess the ability to learn our Aerotrac computer system.
• You will be familiar with working to tight deadlines.
• You must be safety conscious.
• Competitive salary negotiable – Depending on experience.
• Auto enrolment pension scheme.
• 23 days paid holiday (increased to 26 days after 5 years) + bank holidays • Subsidised Private Medical Insurance.
• Free parking.